You already know that weapons are commonly being used by those in law enforcement. There are some non-lethal weapons that they may carry with them too. These weapons are meant to scare people away so that they will not cause chaos anymore. At times, these weapons can be used for training.
There are different non-lethal weapons that are available right now. Some of them can be accessed from different stores. There are some that cannot be purchased by civilians because the ingredients may still be too lethal. This is especially true when some people would try to mix different chemicals on their own.
How You Can Protect Yourself
You may be trying your best to not hurt anyone but what if there are some people who are going to hurt you? You have already seen in the news how other people would just hurt others without any remorse. Some do it for fun. Others do it because they need something from that person. It will help if you know some ways on how you can protect yourself. It will make a lot of difference that way.
These are some tips that can help you stay protected:
- If you feel that someone is following you, do your best to get to a lighted area immediately. It will also be ideal if there are also a lot of people in that area. There is a lesser chance that people will strike when there are more witnesses.
- Do not accept a car ride from a stranger. Picking up hitchhikers may not be the best thing to do right now too. Aside from the scare of catching the COVID-19 virus from a stranger, there is a chance that the hitchhiker is after your car and your worldly belongings.
- Have the right weapons to protect yourself. There are different non-lethal weapons that you can get right now. Some of these weapons are so portable that you can place them inside your bag. Keep them with you at all times to help you stay protected.
Best Individual Types of Non-Lethal Weapons
There are different types of non-lethal weapons that you can get. Some can be easily accessible while there are others that you cannot get even if you would like them. For example, one type of non-lethal weapon is the chemical non-lethal weapon. Some chemicals are too toxic to be purchased by civilians.
- Pepper Spray – This is one of the most common non-lethal weapons that you can get. It has some properties that are similar to hand grenades and tear gas. This is meant to make the nose, eyes, and lungs irritated. It may be enough to make your assailant stay away.
- Blunt Objects – Let us say that you do not have anything on you that can be considered a non-lethal weapon. You can use any blunt object that you will use to hit the person who is trying to cause harm. If you are at home, you will have access to a lot of blunt objects. When you are just walking alone at night, any blunt object that you have inside your bag may help.
- Electrical Non-Lethal Weapon – There are some people who would rather use stun guns or tasers in order to protect themselves. Electrical non-lethal weapons will not be strong enough to kill people as long as they would be kept in their usual voltages.
There are different options that are available for you. You can choose a non-lethal weapon that will provide you with the protection that you need. Hopefully, you have learned all of the right details to make the best decision.